Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Prove It Series: Week 4 - Walk The Walk

Don' Talk, Act. Don't Say, Show. Don't Promise, Prove.

 -Unknown


Welcome to the January edition of the Straight Up Mindset Blog. This months series is called the Prove It Series. First weeks topic was over Accountability, Second weeks topic was over Build Your Circle, and last weeks topic was Cut it out. This weeks title is called Walk the Walk.

I hear a lot of people tell me "This is my year" or "I got big plans this year".....etc. I hear a lot of talking, but I don't see any action being taken. No more talking, its time to grind. It's time to actually do the work and start building some sweat equity. It's great that you have dreams and ideas but start turning them into reality. Hopes and dreams are great for planning, but extreme action is when you start to build towards your goals. Martin Luther King had a dream, but nothing would have happened if he didn't put those dreams into action. Bill Gates had an idea,but nothing would have happen if he didn't put them into action.

Don't be apart of the should've, could've, would've club. What are you scared of, Failure? We told you that failure is a part of the process. Failure is where you learn the biggest lessons. You will hear us say this quote over and over by Nelson Mandela, "I Never Lose. I Either Win or I Learn". I'd rather have taken advantage of an opportunity and failed then to have sat around and done nothing. If you want this year to be different than last year you have to start doing things different. More doing and less talking, More I can and less I can't. You just have to decide what it is you want and go after it with every fiber in your being. Lets make the saying "This is my year" actually mean something.

Actions speak louder than words. So do me this favor, starting right now as you read this. Let your actions do all the talking for you. Instead of telling people I'm going to do this and that. Just go out there and do it. Watch how people start to gravitate towards you and talk about the things you have done. People are going to say "Wow, did you see what they are doing? They are making big moves!". That will motivate people a lot more than your words. Also when you do speak about it people will pay closer attention to what you are saying. All because now they can actually see what you have done  and now your words carry more weight than before.

I know this isn't the 30 Day Challenge, but I challenge you to start doing more and talking less. Start making things happen instead of always saying you are going to do it. Take massive action and lets start knocking off goals on your list. Your goals are not going to be completed by themselves. Go and conquer your goals, conquer your life and conquer your mind. Like the title says, Walk The Walk!




Straight Up!!

If you have any questions or need to go more in depth, please feel free to email us at straightupmindset@gmail.com or you can also reach us on social media.

Website: www.djempowerment.com

FB: straightupmindset

Twitter: @strupmindset

Instagram: straightupmindset

Google +: straightupmindset



Snap Chat: straight up mindset

 Please like, comment, or share to help support the movement.

#straightupmindset

No comments:

Post a Comment