Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Prove It Series: Week 1 - Accountability

Accountability Is The Glue That Ties Commitment To The Results

-Bob Proctor


Welcome and thank you for returning to the Straight Up Mindset Blog. We are in a new year 2018 and hopefully you have already started your planning for what you want to accomplish this year. This is the January edition of the blog. This months series is the Prove It Series and this weeks topic is Accountability.




Every new year we all hear the saying "New Year New Me" or "My New Year's Resolution Is..". Rarely do we ever follow through with that statement and the commitment that comes with it. You start out all gung-ho and start crushing it the first week or so. Then eventually life and reality sets in and you start to dwindle down by February or March. There is one simple answer to that problem and its the lack of accountability. No one wants to hold themselves to their word or apply certain standards that are required in order to truly change your life.

We make up excuses and blame work and family. Saying you don't have enough time that is required when you promised yourself you would. You are not alone in this crazy cycle. If you noticed I said "We" in this blog because I am guilty of doing this. Here is what helped me get passed this hump and began hitting my goals by the end of the year. I started to hold myself accountable. I understood that if I can't keep my word to myself how do I expect others to take my word? To make this process easier and not so daunting, I started with one simple thing. Nothing big, just one little thing. For instance, I said every month I will try to read one book. After I made that commitment I made sure to cut out time to read one book a month. Now it has become a habit and I have learned so much by reading the dozens of books that I have read. 

In my quest to being healthier I took the same approach and started with cutting out sweets. So far so good even though it has been tough to do. What helps me through this is keeping my word and number two I created an anchor for myself. I recently had a health scare which has put things in perspective for me and has really geared me up to making some significant changes in my diet and overall health. When I feel weak and I'm about to make a bad choice I just remember the scare I had and think about my family. I think the about the possibility that I could be taken from this earth and leave my family to deal with the pain and the hurt. This easily puts me back on track to making good choices. 

Now everyone has their own reasons and situations that causes them to make the choices they make. Whatever that is, you have to take control of it and hold yourself accountable for your actions. Another way to help you stay on track is to have an accountability partner. Now you need to make sure you pick the right person to take on this role in your life. This person cannot simple be a yes man/woman. You need someone who will give it to you straight and have your best interest in mind. Whomever that is in your life, they are the ones you need to lean on the most.  

So, if you understand that in order for your words to carry any type of weight you have to start keeping the promises you made to yourself before you start expecting that from others. Be accountable and finish what you started. Starting out with these simple but effective rules will help guide you towards not only starting your goals, but also accomplishing them. Its 2018 folks, you can't start the new year with old habits. I challenge you to start being accountable to yourself. Actions speak louder than words. 


Straight Up!!

If you have any questions or need to go more in depth, please feel free to email us at straightupmindset@gmail.com or you can also reach us on social media.

Website: www.djempowerment.com

FB: straightupmindset

Twitter: @strupmindset

Instagram: straightupmindset

Google +: straightupmindset


Snap Chat: straight up mindset

 Please like, comment, or share to help support the movement.

#straightupmindset


No comments:

Post a Comment