Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Growth Series: Week 2 - Expanding Your Horizons

A Mind That Is Stretched By New Experiences Can Never Go Back To Its Old Dimensions
 
-Oliver Wendell Holmes


Welcome and thank you for returning to the Straight Up Mindset Blog. This is the March edition of the blog. Last week we talked about having a Growth Mindset. This week's topic is Expanding Your Horizons.

Expanding your horizons is one of the greatest lessons you can ever experience. It means learning or experiencing something you never have, or opening yourself up to new ideas and opinions. This can be achieved by many methods and the most common is traveling. Try to experience a different place with different people and take in a culture. Plan a trip to Spain, France or even New York. There are lots of ways of achieving this and one doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to one another

For instance, I have never been much of a reader but I knew in order for me to grow and learn I needed to break out of my negative mindset about reading and start. Now I love it and I have learned so much. I have learned not only about new thought process, but also about myself. I have improved my life by simply changing my perception and actually putting myself out there to try something new. Another example is that I am naturally an introvert. In my readings I learned that in order to be successful you have to put your self out there and get people to buy into who you are. I couldn't fulfill this by sitting in the back of a room keeping to myself. How can you expect anyone to believe in you or buy into whatever it is you are trying to put out there if you are being timid and reserved? When I answered that question for myself, things started to change. 

Expanding your horizons takes courage and requires you to break out of your comfort zone. Now a days it's just easier to follow the crowd and blend in. You will never truly learn who you are and what you are capable of if you just simple do what is easy and convenient. Now as always we tell you guys that its not easy and never will be easy especially because everyone usually conforms to the ways of society. In order for you to really comprehend the  gift you have been blessed with you have to be able to stretch yourself.

So go ahead and take a trip somewhere exotic, go back to school to get your degree or start that business. Mix it up, don't be afraid to do a 180 and see what this life has to offer. I promise you will not regret the experience.


Straight Up!!

If you have any questions or need to go more in depth, please feel free to email us at straightupmindset@gmail.com or you can also reach us on social media.

Website: www.djempowerment.com

FB: straightupmindset

Twitter: @strupmindset

Instagram: straightupmindset

Google +: straightupmindset
 

Snap Chat: straight up mindset

 Please like, comment, or share to help support the movement.

#straightupmindset

No comments:

Post a Comment